Fundraise for us
Thank you for considering fundraising for Together Co. As a small charity every penny raised counts to help us tackle loneliness and social isolation in Brighton & Hove.
There are lots of ways you can raise money to support our work – from organising a bake sale or shaving your head, to running a marathon. The sky’s the limit!
All you need to do is think of a challenge, set up a Just Giving page, and share it with your friends and your family
Create a virtual fundraiser for Together Co
From virtual birthday parties to online quiz nights. Many of our supporters are fundraising online. You can download our virtual fundraising pack below.
Below is a list of top tips for maximising your fundraising through Just Giving:
- Upload a photo. The easiest and most effective ways of personalising your page.
- Set a target. This is a great way of encouraging your supporters to help you hit your goal.
- Show donors what their support will do. As an example £50 could pay to train 5 volunteers to support vulnerable people who are feeling alone.
- Tell your storyLet your supporters know why you’re fundraising and what it means to you and if you’re undertaking a challenge event, talk about how much effort you’ve put into your training!
- Email your contacts in groupsAn empty page might be intimidating for some donors, so it’s a good idea to email your family and closest friends first, as they are most likely to support you and get the ball rolling. Having a couple of donations on the page should encourage other supporters.
- Share your page on social media. This will help you reach out to a huge community. Be sure to @mention Together Co on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and we will engage with and share you content as much as possible
- Put your fundraising page address in your email signatures. You can just add a hyperlink, or you can use one of Just Giving’s ‘sponsor me’ badges.
- Thank people. A quick and easy way to make people feel great about supporting you.
- Send a follow up email. Be persistent. It may take more than one round of emails to reach your target. Many people will want to support you, but may need a little nudge to remember to do it.
- Contact your local press. The more unique your challenge the more likely the press will be interested in it, and we may be able to help you promote it. Just contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2019 Together Collective a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales: Company No. 03895574, whose registered office is Projects The Lanes, Nile House, Nile St, Brighton BN1 1HW. Together Collective is a registered charity: Charity No. 1083390