Volunteer with us
We connect people with opportunities to get involved in their community.
We can support you to gain new experience and skills or we can take your existing talents and expertise to where they are needed most. Give us your time and enthusiasm and we’ll help you turn them into a powerful force for good.
Gain new skills and knowledge
You don’t need any particular qualifications or experience to volunteer with us. In fact, volunteering is a great way of developing new skills that can boost your CV or of keeping your skills fresh. We’ll make sure you’ve got all the support and training you need, and answer any questions you might have along the way.
Transform someone’s life
It’s amazing the difference you can make to someone’s life simply by showing up for them. Whether it’s a weekly chat over a cup of tea with a neighbour or helping someone find local services that could support them, you’ll soon become that person who makes someone’s day or week a better one.
Do good, feel good
Giving your time freely to someone or something other than yourself is one of the most rewarding things you can do. You’ll meet people from different walks of life to your own and gain skills and experiences that you might not otherwise have. It’s a sure-fire route to feeling good.
Connect with your community
Being more connected to our community is good for us all. It widens our network of people and places we can call on when we need to and helps us feel part of something bigger than ourselves. Volunteering is a great way of tapping into the opportunities and potential that are there right on our doorstep.
Please specify during your application which role you are applying for.
If you have any questions about volunteering with us, please telephone 01273 775 888.
We are looking for volunteers to give short-term support to enable the people who use our services to achieve a goal, giving them more confidence to engage with their interests. Giving your time could help connect someone with the outside world and their community.
Volunteer recruitment process
We hope this explains the process you will go through to volunteer with Together Co. If you have any questions at any point in this process, please contact us on 01273 775 888.
- Complete the application form you can find at any of the links above.
- We will then contact you to check if you have any questions or concerns about the role/s you have selected.
- We will organise an informal interview with you, either in person or by telephone, or as an online call depending on your preference. Although we interview everyone, this is not a selective interview, but rather a means of establishing your needs, skills and interests so that we can better match you.
- We will take up two references from you. These can either be previous employers, or character references from people who have known you for more than 6 months. They should not be family members, or partners. If you are not able to provide two references get in touch with us so we can assess your situation.
- We will carry out an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check (DBS) to establish if you have a criminal record. This is because we are supporting vulnerable people. Please note that a criminal record does not necessarily prevent someone from volunteering with Together Co — any final decision will be made in light of our policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders.
- To go through a DBS check, you will need to show a current passport (any nationality) AND a UK driving licence with your current address (provisional will do). Or if you do not have one or both these documents, you will have to show three other official documents. If you are not able to provide the necessary documents, we will assess your situation.
- You will attend an induction training session with all other new volunteers at our office in central Brighton, either in the morning or evening. We can also offer the training online if you are not able to get to the office. The training lasts 2.5 hours, and there will also be one hour of pre-training materials for you to read and watch in your own time and convenience.
- Finally, we ask you to provide a head shot so we can make a virtual ID card for you to use in your volunteering, and a brief description of yourself that we will share with anyone we potentially match you with, and to sign our Volunteer Agreement.
© 2019 Together Collective a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales: Company No. 03895574, whose registered office is Projects The Lanes, Nile House, Nile St, Brighton BN1 1HW. Together Collective is a registered charity: Charity No. 1083390