Befriending Volunteer Shopper
Roles are only available to Brighton & Hove residents at this time
During the COVID pandemic we are offering shopping support to individuals who are at risk of social isolation as a result of their age, disability, or health condition.
We are looking for people who can do shopping for vulnerable and isolated people at risk who cannot get to the shops themselves during the coronavirus crisis.
It is important to respect and appreciate the individual you are matched with, making sure that you do not miss shopping slots.
1+ hour a week. Flexible. We’d like you to be able to commit to a minimum of six months.
- Connects you to others
- Can advance your career, particularly good opportunity for people looking to gain experience for care, social, health and charity sectors.
- Understanding of older people and/or people with disabilities/long term health conditions
- Non judgemental attitude
- Honesty and trustworthy
- Commitment and reliability
- Respect for confidentiality
- Friendliness and warmth
- Empathy and resilience
- Car drivers useful but not essential
For more information contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01273 775888.
Share with friends
Apply now to transform lives
Complete our online form to become a Telephone Befriending Volunteer. Successful applicants will be invited to interview.
© 2019 Together Collective a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales: Company No. 03895574, whose registered office is Brighthelm Centre, North Road, Brighton BN1 1YD. Together Collective is a registered charity: Charity No. 1083390