We are looking for volunteer buddies to link up with individuals and support them to achieve a goal. The buddy scheme is short term and goal focused with an eventual aim of giving our clients more confidence to engage with their interests – perhaps to go to choir practice, an exercise class, their allotment, or for a walk around the park for the first time following a previous fall.
The buddy role tasks are really varied and guided by the people we work with.
We ask you to commit to around 2 hours a week for a minimum of 6 months. You will also be asked to log your buddy activities through an App and engage in monthly volunteer support meetings.
Flexible days/ times. We hope you would be able to commit for at least 6 months for around 2 hours a week.
- Connects you to others
- Fun and fulfilling
- Can advance your career, particularly good opportunity for people looking to gain experience for social care, health and charity sectors
Key skills required
- Communicating well with people who may be going through difficult times, and building rapport.
- Emotionally resilient and self-aware, supporting people non-judgementally.
- Good listening skills
- An awareness of supportive coaching techniques.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and act as a link between people and all that is happening in the community
- IT skills to give prompt feedback through an App
Share with friends
© 2019 Together Collective a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales: Company No. 03895574, whose registered office is Brighthelm Centre, North Road, Brighton BN1 1YD. Together Collective is a registered charity: Charity No. 1083390