Social connections are key to our wellbeing. We help people find the people and places they need to be happier and healthier. This might be having someone you can chat to when you need to, or someone who helps you navigate local services that could benefit you. We connect and we care.
Find the support you want and need
You can talk to us about feeling lonely or upset, about benefits and money issues, or whatever is on your mind right now. We’ll share ideas about which services might suit your needs, and link you in with them if that’s what you would like.
Improve health & wellbeing
There are many simple ways to feel better physically and mentally. Whatever options sound good to you, we can explore them together. You have the power to make the changes you want in your life.
Find new interests & hobbies
Beautiful countryside walks, volunteering for good causes, learning new skills – there are lots of opportunities to find new passions or reignite old ones. Because there’s so much out there, it can be useful to share ideas and look at different choices with somebody. That’s something we can do together.
Improve confidence & self-esteem
Sometimes all it takes is a nudge. Sometimes it’s helpful to have someone checking in, reminding you what you wanted to do next. We can listen, guide, encourage – however much involvement you want us to have, the decisions are always yours. You’ve already taken a positive step by reading this.
- If you’re over 18 and have unmet social or practical needs, talk to someone at your GP practice about whether social prescribing is right for you. Any practice staff can ask us to get in touch with you, including doctors, nurses and receptionists.
- First we’ll call to introduce ourselves. We can support you over the phone, or arrange to meet you in a confidential space like your home or GP practice.
- We’ll spend around an hour listening to you, understanding your situation, identifying what you’re concerned about and talking about your interests.
- We’ll suggest a range of services and groups in your community that sound suitable for your needs, and can make arrangements to help you connect with them.
- Support is usually given over 2-3 months to make sure you can access the services you need. We’ll talk to you about stepping back before we do it.
- A record of services arranged and any outcomes is sent to the person who put us in touch with you, such as your doctor. You can tell us if there’s anything you don’t want us to share. If you’re happy for us to do so, we’ll call you about 3-6 months after we step back to make sure you’re still getting the support you need.
If you’d like our support, please contact your GP practice and ask for a social prescribing referral. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Volunteer with us
It’s amazing what we can achieve together. Give us a little of your time and we’ll help you make a big difference in your local community.
Latest Social Prescribing post
© 2019 Together Collective a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales: Company No. 03895574, whose registered office is Brighthelm Centre, North Road, Brighton BN1 1YD. Together Collective is a registered charity: Charity No. 1083390