Social connections are key to our wellbeing. We help people find the people and places they need to be happier and healthier. This might be having someone you can chat to when you need to, or someone who helps you navigate local services that could benefit you. We connect and we care.
During the coronavirus outbreak, Together Co Social Prescribing is working to support clients in the safest way possible. All our link workers are currently working from home, offering telephone support rather than face-to-face appointments.
Support workers, GP surgery staff and other agencies can continue to make referrals as usual and people can continue to refer themselves.
Find the support you want and need
You can talk to us about feeling lonely or upset, about benefits and money issues, or whatever is on your mind right now. We’ll share ideas about which services might suit your needs, and link you in with them if that’s what you would like.
Improve health & wellbeing
There are many simple ways to feel better physically and mentally. Whatever options sound good to you, we can explore them together. You have the power to make the changes you want in your life.
Find new interests & hobbies
Beautiful countryside walks, volunteering for good causes, learning new skills – there are lots of opportunities to find new passions or reignite old ones. Because there’s so much out there, it can be useful to share ideas and look at different choices with somebody. That’s something we can do together.
Improve confidence & self-esteem
Sometimes all it takes is a nudge. Sometimes it’s helpful to have someone checking in, reminding you what you wanted to do next. We can listen, guide, encourage – however much involvement you want us to have, the decisions are always yours. You’ve already taken a positive step by reading this.
Who we can help
We help residents of Brighton and Hove who are aged 18+ and experiencing any of the following:
- Feeling isolated and would like to socialise and meet new people
- Struggling with benefits, housing or debt issues
- Would like support with mild depression, anxiety or stress
- Want to volunteer or to return to work
- Looking for support with mild learning disabilities
- Caring for someone and would like some advice or support
- Want support with healthy eating and physical activity.
- First we’ll call to introduce ourselves. We can support you by phone or video call.
- We’ll spend time listening to you, understanding your situation, identifying what you’re concerned about and talking about your interests.
- We’ll suggest a range of services and groups in your community that sound suitable for your needs, and can make arrangements to help you connect with them.
- Support is usually given over 2-3 months to make sure you can access the services you need. We’ll talk to you about stepping back before we do it.
- If relevant, a summary of our work together is sent to the agency or health professional who put us in touch with you. You can tell us if there’s anything you don’t want us to share. If you’re happy for us to do so, we’ll call you about 3-6 months after we step back to make sure you’re still getting the support you need.
There are three ways to get in touch:
Volunteer with us
It’s amazing what we can achieve together. Give us a little of your time and we’ll help you make a big difference in your local community.
Latest Social Prescribing post
It’s a really challenging time for many in our community and some days it feels hard to stay positive. If you are feeling alone, do reach out to us. Together Co Social Prescribing supports people in Brighton and Hove to connect with activities and people in the...
© 2019 Together Collective a Company Limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales: Company No. 03895574, whose registered office is Brighthelm Centre, North Road, Brighton BN1 1YD. Together Collective is a registered charity: Charity No. 1083390